[Patch] Unified reload/stop actions

Shaun Reich predator106 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 19:51:03 BST 2009

My personal opinion on merging the actions.. is that I don't like it :)

I have used applications that have done this before (memory serves me
not), but it's an annoyance for me at least. An aspect that really
annoys me, is when you are in the process of loading a big web page,
you hit the button (that is now set to the Stop action), but at that
very second, it finished, and you end up reloading the page.

Also, is it a good idea.. with respect to average users, to have
actions that change like that, into complete opposites. In the context
of e.g. a dialog, where it has the less/more thing, it makes sense to
change that button.. but this is only after the user actually does
something, whereas here it kind of does it out of it's own free will.

 But on the other hand, is the Stop action really used that much? On
additional thought, I'm not sure many use it, especially the "average
user". If this is true, then I suppose it would be beneficial to merge
them, avoiding clutter/confusion(?), etc.

In all honesty, I am quite skeptical on the first use-case I made
against it, wherein the action can quickly turn the other way, into
it's opposite action.....and reloading a bloaty page on a slow connect
is....unfun (although, I am blessed with a fast one :P ).

Hopefully others can offer some better opinions ;-)

Riverenter Vestri,
Shaun Reich