Revision control support in Dolphin/Konqueror

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Sat Jul 25 21:47:49 BST 2009

Hello,

I have added a revision control support into Dolphin/Konqueror that works with
each view mode (the working version has not been committed yet, will be done
on Monday). "Revision control support" in the scope of Dolphin means that the
revision state of a file is indicated by an emblem above the icon and that
context dependent revision control actions are provided in the context menu.

For testing purposes I temporary implemented a Subversion plugin inside
Dolphin (part of dolphin/src/revisioncontrolplugin.*), but for sure this
plugin should be moved outside of Dolphin ASAP.

I'd like to move this plugin into the kdesdk module, but before this I'd need
to move the revision control base class from Dolphin into
kdebase/apps/lib/konq as krevisioncontrolplugin.h/krevisioncontrolplugin.cpp
(see attached patch).

Are there any general concerns/suggestions regarding the interface or the
method- and enum-names? Would it be OK if I commit this class this Monday?

Whom must I ask to get the OK to create a directory "revisioncontrol"
(suggestion) inside KDE/kdesdk? This directory would contain the files:
subversionplugin.cpp
subversionplugin.h
subversionplugin.desktop

and might get extended by other revision control plugins.

Thanks!
Peter