Adblock Plugin

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 11:40:28 BST 2009

Thanks for your information Leo.  Replies below...

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 17:16:30 Leo Savernik wrote:
> Yes. Additionally you can try to ask the maintainers of the adblock-plugin
> for review.

I'm not sure who the maintainers of that module are;  there is no MAINTAINERS
file in the plugin directory or anywhere above in extragear, and there seem
to have be no commits other than porting for a long time.  But if there is a
maintainer registered, then of course I'll ask them.

> Excellent. Just post the patch on this list and wait for comments. I'm not
> involved in the adblock code so I can't give you clearance. But I'll try to
> review the khtml-specific parts if time permits.

I haven't implemented the khtml stuff yet, having only just started to
investigate it again - I'd looked at it some time ago but was unable to work
out a BC way.  Now I've spotted a way round, so there is no need to wait for
KDE5 :-)  Any changes to khtml would go via reviewboard and kde-core-devel
anyway.

> If nobody objects within,
> say, two weeks from today, commit anyways.
> Be aware that after having committed, you take the responsibility to fix
> bugs and regressions caused by your commits.

Unfortunately there is no escaping from svn blame :-(

> Yes, please go ahead! Any improvement to the adblock-plugin is
> wholeheartedly welcome.

I'll tidy up and post the patch here.  Many thanks!

Regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Twickenham, UK                          jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk