Add Hide/Show Statusbar setting, OK to commit?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 12:55:54 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> 2008/12/10 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:
> > 2008/12/10 Rafael Fernández López <ereslibre at kde.org>:
> >> Hi,

> >> OTOH I think you should wait for David Faure's OK who is the Konqui
> >> maintainer.
> >>
> >> On the mainwhile we could discuss this issue on kcd, so this wouldn't have to
> >> be committed to Konqueror, but would be a general feature.
> >
> > Fair enough. I'll subscribe to kcd and make a post.
> >
> > A lot of applications that are currently doing this themselves would
> > have to be modified to use this possible new functionality of
> > KMainWindow instead, but I guess that is something that can be done
> > over time.
>
> Uhm. Woops. Something like KXmlGuiWindow::createStandardStatusBarAction() ?

Exactly -- there is already a general solution for hiding/showing the KStatusBar of a mainwindow.

BUT konqueror doesn't use that. It has one statusbar per view (try splitting, you'll see what I mean).
So forget about createStandardStatusBarAction(), it will show/hide the wrong thing.

I assume your patch does the same -- it's hiding/showing the wrong statusbar, isn't it?