KHTML development

Marcus Harrison marcus.harrison at harrisonland.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 20:57:41 BST 2009

I've been interested in contributing to KDE in the form of code for a while
now (since KDE 4.0), but I have also been stuck on what to contribute to...
and finding time to learn C++. Now, I've decided that I would be interested in
developing KHTML for a few reasons:
1. I already happen to be a website designer, so I think it would be a
positive experience for me to understand a HTML (And a Javascript) rendering
engine;
2. As I understand it, KHTML has very few developers, so I'd like to help any
way I can;
3. I happen to like Konqueror/KHTML over Firefox/Gecko.

I still have the problem that my knowledge of C++ development is still very
limited, and though I take great interest in it, I also have college-work to
stay on top of, leaving me with little time to study C++. I've already
downloaded the source for kdelibs-4.2.2 and study it in the hopes of
understanding how various relationships work in C++ (And KHTML) (I'm starting
to understand Classes and Objects).
The problem is, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Could you provide me any
advice, please? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Marcus Harrison.