Proof of concept: KHTMLFindBar for KHTMLPart

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Sep 1 20:27:41 BST 2008

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your work. I have to say that I am working (yes, I am
doing zillion things in parallel...) in a way of implementing tips in a non
blocker way. That said, the "widget" I am developing aims to be general, and
for a general use (like could be this one, or kwallet for saving passwords,
informing when you have left a https for a http connection...).

Actually, you can pull it from gitorious:
http://gitorious.org/projects/personal-kdelibs/repos/mainline/logs/ktip

It generates something like this:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/ktipreworktop2.png

In this example, it is used for showing tips, but as I say, it will be able to
handle whatever you want.

I believe this solution is "better", since it can be used from different
applications for different purposes, having all the time the same appearance
(that screenshot is a bit outdated, now it has different background than the
rest of the window).

So, to sum up, it would be great if we can have your patch adapted when this
hits kdelibs... since your solution seems pretty located at one point, and if
somebody else on other app wants to benefit from this, it will be impossible,
or he will have to c&p, which can't be done because we love kitties, don't we
?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.