Ajax in konqueror

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Nov 29 11:50:59 GMT 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008, Dave Feustel wrote:
> How well is Ajax functionality supported in Konqueror 4 now?

Perfectly!

You have to realize though, that "Ajax" or "Web 2.0" are not real standards,
not even complete de-facto standards, and websites like GMail that heavily
employ such technologies are extremely non-standard. A typical google or
yahoo application starts like this:

if (firefox)
   firefox_version();
else if (IE)
   IE_version();
else
   sucky_version();

Unless we implement all features and all bugs of one of those browsers and lie
to the web-site about who we are, we will always get the sucky version.
Typically pretending to be safari or firefox, will make konqueror work much
better on such sites though, as a buggy firefox version of those websites are
better than their sucky versions.

`Allan