Konqueror becoming progressively unusable

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 3 13:58:20 GMT 2008

I have been using Konqueror for a long time, but it seems
that ever more bugs are showing up in my favorite browser.
I get error messages that go away when I resubmit web
forms via Firefox that don't work in Konqueror.

The most recent example is that every attempt to place an
order on amazon.com results in a white screen with the
words "high traffic" in the upper left hand corner.
The transaction always works with Firefox. This is a
new phenomenon, appearing in the last 2 months along
with a total failure of Konqueror to display amazon icons
("Proceed To Checkout", "Place Order", etc) in https mode.

Having to redo transactions in Firefox to get them to work
after they fail in Konqueror is getting very old.

All this is happening with Konqueror 4.1.x and Firefox 3
on 32-bit Fedora 9.