khtml changes and the webarchiver plugin

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Wed May 14 03:22:30 BST 2008

Matthias Grimrath wrote, on Tuesday 2008 May 13:
> KDE 3.5 will be a around for few years still. The old webarchiver has
> problems with CSS and frames that a lot webpages use. For users of
> KDE 3.5 this means in many cases the original webarchiver is simply
> useless.
>
> So what I am saying is there is little to lose and much to gain even
> on the stable 3.5 branch.
>
> Who do I have to convince that it is good enough for 3.5?

A complaint we get from packagers is that they cannot upgrade to our newer
patch releases on their stable releases is that we cheat by adding features
on our patchlevel releases. This means that they must make their own patches
to our older versions for bug and security fixes (as opposed to just taking a
newer patch level release).

Charles