khtml changes and the webarchiver plugin

Matthias Grimrath maps4711 at gmx.de
Tue May 13 20:01:01 BST 2008

On Freitag 09 Mai 2008, Leo Savernik wrote:
> KDE 3.5 is closed for feature commits, so I fear your proposal is
> to be rejected.

Well, I would like to argue for an exception here. I have received
almost no bug reports and no reports of crashes. I think I can claim
it is at least as stable as the old webarchiver.

KDE 3.5 will be a around for few years still. The old webarchiver has
problems with CSS and frames that a lot webpages use. For users of
KDE 3.5 this means in many cases the original webarchiver is simply
useless.

So what I am saying is there is little to lose and much to gain even
on the stable 3.5 branch.

Who do I have to convince that it is good enough for 3.5?

> But an improved webarchiver plugin is
> wholeheartedly welcome on the KDE 4 branch. So don't let yourself
> be discouraged and continue work on a fully functional, advanced
> webarchiver plugin for KDE 4.2.

Ack.

Matthias Grimrath