Web Shortcuts

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed May 7 10:14:56 BST 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, David Faure wrote:
> Stephan? You added that 'simple GUI for selecting favorite search engines', which
> people are now confusing for a enable/disable feature. But neither Rafael nor I could
> figure out exactly what "FavoriteSearchEngines" was for initially.

Sorry, lxr.kde.org answers this, obviously. It's used for RMB on selected text in khtml and
for the search bar: in both cases showing the full list of engines would be too much, so
the "select your favorites" GUI was added.
But it confuses users.

How about: removing the checkboxes from the main search engine list, and adding a button
"Select Favorite Search Engines" which pops up a dialog which contains the list of engines
again, but this time with a checkbox, and which explains where those favorite engines are used?