Konqueror webbrowser 3.5.9, compiz-fusion, flash = froze mouse input

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sat Mar 22 10:31:14 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 19 of March 2008, Drew Kraus wrote:
> Greetings,
>    The friendly folks on #kde suggested that I email you with the issue
> that our kde terminals are experiencing at our studios.  We have been
> running PCLinuxOS on our machines with KDE and Compiz-Fusion for quite some
> time now. However, we are experiencing an new issue regarding konqueror in
> "webbrowser" mode and flash, while in compiz-fusion 3d desktop mode.  While
> in 3d mode (native 3d desktop, unable to test XGL) interacting with flash
> pages (gametrailer.com video playback controls, for example) will cause
> mouse inputs to cease and sometimes the pointer will disappear all
> together.

> Are there any known issues like this already? If not,
> wanted to let someone know if there is a problem out there now.

 I haven't heard of anything like that, and it's difficult to guess what it
could be - it can be X, Compiz, KDE, Flash, whatever. I think Compiz now
tries to handle the cursor itself, so I first suggest trying to downgrade it.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz