Konqueror webbrowser 3.5.9, compiz-fusion, flash = froze mouse input

Drew Kraus bluevette at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:09:52 GMT 2008

Greetings,
   The friendly folks on #kde suggested that I email you with the issue that
our kde terminals are experiencing at our studios.  We have been running
PCLinuxOS on our machines with KDE and Compiz-Fusion for quite some time now.
However, we are experiencing an new issue regarding konqueror in "webbrowser"
mode and flash, while in compiz-fusion 3d desktop mode.  While in 3d mode
(native 3d desktop, unable to test XGL) interacting with flash pages
(gametrailer.com video playback controls, for example) will cause mouse
inputs to cease and sometimes the pointer will disappear all together.
However, when the mouse is visible, it still moves on the screen and
keyboard/video udpates are fine.. But, when having compiz locate the position
of the pointer, it shows the last position where the mouse was clicked to
interact with the flash elements.  This problem has begun after a recent kde
3.5.9 update from the offical pclinuxos repositories, but compiz was also
updated around the same time.  So it is hard to know which is the culprit.
Here is more information regarding this.  Firefox and opera do not suffer
this flash/compiz/mouse issue.  Konqueror does not have this issue while in
2d mode, plus if the konq window was opened while in 2d mode, it will
function correctly after being put into 3d mode (via compiz-icon).  Any konq
window opened while already in 3d desktop mode, will fail.  Also, these
problems have been reproduced on all of our terminals with vary from low-end
to high-end nvidia cards (running different drivers across that spectrum) and
non-nvidia terminals (gma 950 intel systems). Are there any known issues like
this already? If not, wanted to let someone know if there is a problem out
there now.

Thank you,
Drew Kraus, IT Director for the VTI Group.
bluevette at gmail.com