[Patch] Support for undo closed window

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 17 14:41:49 GMT 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> and as none has commented about this patch yet!)
Right, I didn't have time yet.

Now I have to look at the patch, because I'm unhappy that it touches libkonq.
Why does it touch libkonq?
Did you forget our decision decision for the undo-close-tab feature?
We added a KonqUndoManager which would take care of the konq-level features
in order to keep KonqFileUndoManager (in libkonq) clean of such things.
I still want to be able to move KonqFileUndoManager to kdelibs one day....
I see that this time the changes to it are more generic, but I dislike all that unsafe-at-compile-time
QVariant stuff, when we can do things in a more straight-forward way.

Why doesn't KonqUndoManager talk to a singleton for adding "undo close window" when available?
I think you're basically misusing KonqFileUndoManager as that singleton.
I see no reason why the closed windows have to be stored into the totally-unrelated KonqFileUndoManager.

All this refcounting in KonqUndoManager wouldn't be necessary if the closed-window-items were
in that singleton; then they would be deleted at the end of the process already, without this
ref counting. Even better, if konq is kept for preloading you could still reopen old closed windows
after closing all windows and then reopening a window the normal way (to get the menu item :).

Other than that, the feature is great to have, of course.