Removal of crashes plugin

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 21:08:39 BST 2008

El Jueves 19 Junio 2008, Juan Carlos Torres escribió:
> Sorry for interrupting, but I'm not sure if the crashes plugin is redundant
> in light of the new session management. If anything, I think it's a more
> advanced way of recovering from crashes. Two things that it has over the
> new session management feature (afaik) is that:

Don't worry you don't interrupt =)

> 1. It saves a list of all previous crashes;
> 2. It saves the list for all opened konqueror sessions that crash. If you
> have two konqueror windows open and both of them crash, you'll have both
> sessions in the list of crashes, and you can pick which ones to restore.
>
> I don't know the new session management will have those 2 features, but
> imho those are enough to spare it from being removed.

Well if two sessions crash, the new session manager will let you recover both.
I wrote a patch for the session management to automatically save the detected
crashes as sessions which can be recovered in File > Sessions.. but it seems
I didn't commit it yet. I will see when I can commit it (4.2?) and I will
raise this topic again then ;-)

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)