dolphin crash

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 17 01:01:58 BST 2008

Peter Penz wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29. April 2008 23:41:10 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> [...]
>> Seems I killed dolphin, thereby making it impossible to manage files
>> with KDE. As best I can tell, problems started when I tried to turn on
>> previews.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I could not reproduce such kind of crash yet :-( Judging from the backtrace it
> seems to be related to preview functionality of Dolphin. Removing
> the .directory file from the directory where the crash occurs should help
> (assuming that the activated preview is not default for all directories in
> your configuration).

I finally took a second look at this, and I either can't reproduce or
can't find an offending folder. Hopefully it was a transient bug that is
now fixed :-). If not, and if I hit it again, I'll post again.

I *think* it was "any folder", so hopefully that means it's fixed.

--
Matthew
In the beginning, there were not enough colors. -- Guy Keren