Konqueror throbber size -- too small and doesn't resize

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jun 6 13:28:29 BST 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I find in: kdebase/apps/konqueror/src/konqmainwindow.cpp, line 3762
>
> int size = style()->pixelMetric(QStyle::PM_SmallIconSize, NULL,
> 	m_paAnimatedLogo);
>
> appears to set the size to "SmallIconSize" rather than choosing a size
> based the pixel size of the menu bar which seems to be dependent on the
> pixel size of menuFont.

Yeah, but the real problem seems to be the margin inside the QToolButton.
I tried int size = menuBar()->height() and obviously this was too big, but it
shows that the button contains a lot of inner padding -- much more than when
a QToolButton is put into a toolbar. This has to come from the widget style I think?
I see no special logic for this inside QToolButton. Cc'ing Casper who might have an
idea about this problem: how to get a toolbutton without inner margins, and what
would be the right icon size for a toolbutton that is put into a menubar?

I tried   m_paAnimatedLogo->setContentsMargins(0, 0, 0, 0); but it has no effect,
I think the style is changing the contents margins later on...