konqueror and webkitkde on xubuntu 8.04

Ye Xu ye.xu.hdm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:33:47 BST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I had just compiled and successfully installed kdebase/apps/konqueror and
playground/libs/webkitkde/ under /usr/local/*, after installation, restart
the machine and relaunch the konqueror browser, there is no webkit render
under view->view mode(only khtml, and embedded advanced text editor), but in
another case I had also tried kubuntu 8.10 alpha 2, install webkitkde right
out of deb source repository, logout then login, I can have webkit under the
view mode as an option.

so anything else that i should adjust to make this webkit service available
for konqueror under xubuntu 8.04? thx!

Regards

Ye