Authentification forms

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 21:49:39 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this post might be slightly offtopic. If there is a better place to ask,
> please let me know.

This is the right list, despite its historic name.

> I have many web pages which use authentification information from the same
> ldap server. Konqui and kwallet do not recognize that this is the same
> information (and there is no way they could I think).

Hmm, I'm not sure, but isn't this what the "http realm" thing is all about?
If the pages announce the same realm, then the same auth should be used?
OK, maybe not if they come from different webservers (hosts) altogether.

> When I change my password on the ldap server, the downside with this is that I
> have to click through all entries in kwallet and change the passwords
> manually.

Yep, sounds boring.

> Could I do a global search and replace in kwallet (or a plain file)?

It's encrypted binary data, so I think the only way is to add the feature to kwalletmanager.
This is your opportunity to learn Qt/KDE programming :-)
Otherwise I suggest filing a wish for kwalletmanager, maybe the new kwallet maintainer
feels like implementing it... send him cookies, that might help :)