Contact for XEmbed work

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jan 14 18:13:01 GMT 2008

Dne Monday 14 of January 2008 18:04:02 Mike Melanson napsal(a):
> Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >>
> >> I remember that as being the more traditional route. However, when I
> >> activate that configuration dialog, the dialog says "Empty Page".
> >
> >  Something wrong with the setup - $KDEDIR not set properly, kbuildsycoca
> > re-run needed for some reason?
>
> I'm probably not running this correctly. Remember, this is a fresh,
> GNOME-based, Ubuntu 7.10 VMware image. The expected KDE framework is not
> operating. I built and installed kdelibs and kdebase and then tried to
> run /usr/local/kde/bin/konqueror.
>
> Following your clue, I tried setting $KDEDIR to /usr/local/kde and
> /usr/local/kde/lib. That clearly is not correct.

 Please see
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/Stable_Version .
If your environment is set up properly,
run 'kbuildsycoca --noincremental', 'nspluginscan' and then run konqueror. I
don't see what else should be needed.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz