Contact for XEmbed work

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Jan 14 17:04:02 GMT 2008

Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Monday 14 of January 2008, Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Lubos Lunak wrote:
>>>  The module is also accessible from Konqueror from menu as
>>> Settings->Configure Konqueror->Plugins. The module is normally in kdebase
>>> and should be always built (maybe you have your own standalone KDE build
>>> and built only the nsplugins/ subdir in kdebase as I suggested when
>>> building over system KDE?).
>> I remember that as being the more traditional route. However, when I
>> activate that configuration dialog, the dialog says "Empty Page".
>
>  Something wrong with the setup - $KDEDIR not set properly, kbuildsycoca
> re-run needed for some reason?

I'm probably not running this correctly. Remember, this is a fresh,
GNOME-based, Ubuntu 7.10 VMware image. The expected KDE framework is not
operating. I built and installed kdelibs and kdebase and then tried to
run /usr/local/kde/bin/konqueror.

Following your clue, I tried setting $KDEDIR to /usr/local/kde and
/usr/local/kde/lib. That clearly is not correct.

--
	-Mike Melanson