Add Hide/Show Statusbar setting, OK to commit?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:46:47 GMT 2008

2008/12/10 Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com>:
> 2008/12/10 Rafael Fernández López <ereslibre at kde.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Anyone else who could comment on this particular patch? If silent
>>> another day I'll take it as a Yes and commit ;) The idea is, as
>>> Jonathan says, to be able to close 111162 and also 58598, which are
>>> both two very old bugs.
>>
>> OTOH I think you should wait for David Faure's OK who is the Konqui
>> maintainer.
>>
>> On the mainwhile we could discuss this issue on kcd, so this wouldn't have to
>> be committed to Konqueror, but would be a general feature.
>
> Fair enough. I'll subscribe to kcd and make a post.
>
> A lot of applications that are currently doing this themselves would
> have to be modified to use this possible new functionality of
> KMainWindow instead, but I guess that is something that can be done
> over time.

Uhm. Woops. Something like KXmlGuiWindow::createStandardStatusBarAction() ?

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKXmlGuiWindow.html#3d7371171cafabe30cb3bb7355fdfed1

So it seems there already is such a thing in KXmlGuiWindow. However in
Konquerors case, it seems it won't work to just call this method
before the createGUI(), as this will add an option to the Settings
menu that when pressed will add a second (!) status bar. I'm guessing
this is the reason so many of the applications I've been looking at
have their own hide/show status bar code.

I'm not sure how to proceed with this now actually. Ideas? You can try
this funny double status bar behavior by just adding
createStandardStatusBarAction() right before the createGUI() call.

Elvis