Dolphin KPart functions

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 23:36:26 BST 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008, Peter Penz wrote:
> Hi Adrien,
>
> > Hi there,
> > currently, all the DolphinView stuff is "hidden" in libdolphinprivate.
> > It'd be cool if you could use it, as you can do with KHtmlPart, and
> > access item selections etc. Are there plans to do that one day ?
>
> I'd like to wait for David Faure's opinion about this (he is currently on vacation), but it looks like the interface is stable, so from my point of view it would be OK to "unhide" it with KDE 4.2.

I agree too.

To be clear: exporting all of libdolphinprivate would mean keeping BC in all the classes of that lib,
which would be too much trouble, preventing us (well, you ;) from improving dolphin further freely.

On the other hand, dolphinview.h seems to be usable without too much other code
from libdolphin, so what I'm suggesting is that libdolphinprivate becomes libdolphin,
but only DolphinView would have a real export macro while the other classes would have
none, or a unit-tests-only export macro like now.

Adrien, can you confirm that the DolphinView API enough for your needs?