Konqueror download handling

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 6 17:55:34 BST 2008

> Hi,
> I continue to work on Konqueror's nepomuk features, and I'd like to save
> the origin url when a file is downloaded. That's already done if the
> file is downloaded via kget, but not if Konqueror uses the native
> "download manager" (ie KIO if I'm right). I'm not even sure that this is
> handled by konqueror, and not by KHTMLView, I have to find a way to be
> notified when a download finishes.
> Does anyone have any clue about how I could do that ?

Hi... KHTML indeed handles the downloads, not konqueror. After talking to
some people, what I would suggest is that you add a new signal to
KHTMLPart about downloads, and emit it from KHTMLPopupGUIClient::saveURL,
and use it in
whatever you're doing... Though perhaps there may be a nicer API spot to
put it..

There is also a way of seeing all of KIO traffic, via KDirNotify interface
(thanks to ervin for pointing this out), but that'll give you lots of
stuff like loading images, etc., which you don't care about, and might not
give you the saving of downloads in some rare occasions, since in some
instances KHTML can save stuff it previously downloaded from its internal
cache,