Encoding problems/ iframe problems - kde 3.5.9 and 4.1

Spiros Georgaras sng at hellug.gr
Sun Aug 3 19:14:35 BST 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2008 16:14:26 Spiros Georgaras wrote:
> > Sorry for posting the same message again, it should have been in utf-8
> > all along....
>
> Hi, and thanks for reporting this. First of all, let me say that we no
> longer work with the 3.5.x branch (actually, not with 4.0.x, either), so
> it'd be best to restrict the attention to 4.1 problems only.  I am not
> always 100% sure which one is which below, so please excuse me if I ask
> something stupid given my focus on 4.1

The site provides a demo account - please contact me by IM at
sngeorgaras at jabber.org if you think you should see it by yourself.

The above problem occurred in 3.5.9, don't know about 4.1, because the page
was unavailable due to the encoding error (????? in URLs).

On the other hand, this would be unavailable to the demo account, as it was
the detail info of an actual payment.

> > In KDE 4.1, konqueror reports the page as windows-1253, but
> > login_files/MainAreaGR.htm, which is inside an iframe, is displayed using
> > utf-8 (the default)
>
> Just fixed that and a bunch of other encoding issues.
>
> > Furthermore when I do login, I find I cannot follow links of this type
> > javascript:Click('controlpanel/payments/010/step1.asp?Menu=YES&','Ιστορικ
> >ό' .... (this is how I see it in konqueror KDE 3.5.9)
> > In konqueror (KDE 4.1) it becomes:
> > javascript:Click('controlpanel/payments/010/step1.asp?Menu=YES&','???????
> >'. ... which is invalid and unusable
>
> Fixed that, too.
>
> > I would be really glad to see either of these problems fixed
>
> Well, at the very least your report got some of those (and a bunch of
> unrelated encoding bugs) fixed. Are you building from source / are you able
> to test recent fixes (I guess I should lookup those kde4live thingies, may
> be they could help)?

I am currently using suse RPMs (stable repos), so if these fixes are
backported to 4.1, I guess I could check them after updating

> Thanks,
> Maks

Thank you

--