Konqueror, the file-manager portion

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 17:57:46 BST 2008

On Sunday 13 April 2008, Sam wrote:
> I'm running PCLOS2007.  I the control panel I can change the size of the
> small icons in the drop down menus, and right-click menus.  In
> Konqueror, I can change the size also on the right side, where the files
> are.
>
> My question is, is it possible to change the size of the icons in the
> Navigator Panel side?  You see, when I change the size on the right side
> from tiny to small.  It would be nice if I could increase the icons in
> the Navigation Panel too.

I guess you're talking about kde3? The size of the icons in the left sidebar is
hardcoded to "the size of the menu icons".

./trees/dirtree_module/dirtree_module.cpp:459:    int size = KGlobal::iconLoader()->currentSize( KIcon::Small );

If you wish kde4 to work differently please file a wish on http://bugs.kde.org if there isn't already one.
I guess it could be made separately configurable, for people who find small items too hard to read.