khtml patch review

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 00:44:42 GMT 2007

Hi Germain,

Germain Garand wrote, on Sunday 2007 October 28:
> no this patch is wrong I'm afraid.
> Only positioned objects are allowed to have z-order.

Maks pointed out to me that requiresLayer() should return true if the object
is positioned. Why is it that the iframe, being positioned in the css, still
has its requiresLayer() return false? (If you don't know, I'll investigate
that myself)

> You can't fix this bug in branch as it is non-trivial - due to the way we
> implemented z-order on iframes by way of masks, which are a bit expensive
> to calculate and thus need to skip some cases. Actually, it would be
> possible to improve the mask calculating algorithm, but I'm not likely to
> do that before some time. Please feel free if you feel like diving into
> trouble waters :)

What kind of regressions could be caused by my patch, out of curiosity?
Especially in 3.5.

> As for trunk, my recent painting patch should have taken care of it?

I'm afraid not

> So if it is still in trunk, please wait for my next dcommit.

I await it

Charles