khtml patch review

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Oct 29 00:34:55 GMT 2007

Hi Charles,

Le Lundi 29 Octobre 2007 00:34, Charles Samuels a écrit :
> So some web sites (livejournal.com, when you login) use iframes to
> force "popup menus" to conceal plugins like flash. They put the iframe
> under some actual content and set its z-order to -1, causing the iframe to
> go over the actual content.
>
> The patch seems too simple, so I must be missing something :)

no this patch is wrong I'm afraid.
Only positioned objects are allowed to have z-order.

You can't fix this bug in branch as it is non-trivial - due to the way we
implemented z-order on iframes by way of masks, which are a bit expensive to
calculate and thus need to skip some cases. Actually, it would be possible to
improve the mask calculating algorithm, but I'm not likely to do that before
some time. Please feel free if you feel like diving into trouble waters :)

As for trunk, my recent painting patch should have taken care of it?
I can't verify this right now because I'm working on an improved version
adressing other painting issues. So if it is still in trunk, please wait for
my next dcommit.

Greetings,
Germain