patch: padding in form elements

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Nov 2 04:54:11 GMT 2007

Le Jeudi 01 Novembre 2007 06:44, Charles Samuels a écrit :
> Some pages set the padding on form elements which positions the "text"
> region of the element. This patch implements this in a fashion consistent
> with FireFox. It also prevents text overlapping with icons on, e.g.,
> http://www.livejournal.com/login.bml
>
> Pretty simple, but give it a review anyway.

it looks nice for the mechanism but AFAICS this quirky padding shouldn't apply

input[type="radio"], input[type="checkbox"], select[size="0"]:not([multiple]),
select[size="1"]:not([multiple])

cf. http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=13113&action=view

so unless Qt stylesheets do the right thing in those cases, the check needs to
be more complicated.

Also did you check that it works fine in combination with
content-box/border-box? I guess it does but better double check that...
(most form widgets default to border-box in quirk mode).

Greetings,
Germain