Swfdec/Konqi integration

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Fri May 4 13:46:05 BST 2007

Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2007 schrieb Mike Melanson:

> >> What should they assume instead?
> >
> >    When you assume you make an .....
>
> To be serious about this, per my understanding, plugin authors are
> supposed to be able to use XEmbed to write their stuff using one toolkit
> and have it run neatly embedded in another app, even if that other app
> is using another toolkit.

With software being crossplatform you can't assume you have xembed available.
KDE is heading towards mac, windows, embedded - all without X.
In contrast to that gtk and Qt are both much better, because they actually
support those platform, while Qt's support is probably the best.

Cheers,
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer