Swfdec/Konqi integration

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Thu May 3 23:53:18 BST 2007

George Staikos wrote:
>>>   Plugins need to stop assuming that Linux == Gtk.
>>
>> What should they assume instead?
>
>    When you assume you make an .....

To be serious about this, per my understanding, plugin authors are
supposed to be able to use XEmbed to write their stuff using one toolkit
and have it run neatly embedded in another app, even if that other app
is using another toolkit.

That's the idealized view, anyway. Per my reading of the XEmbed spec,
all the hard work happens at the toolkit level. GTK and Qt have already
implemented XEmbed. Konqueror should be able to leverage QXEmbed to
embed these newer plugins.

Then we can talk about windowless plugins...
--
	-Mike Melanson