Looking for volunteer for writing CSS selectors test report

Bert Bos bert at w3.org
Fri Jul 27 18:10:10 BST 2007

W3C's CSS Working Group has just published a new template[1] for test
reports about implementations of the Selectors module. And we are now
looking for reports on various CSS implementations.

The Selectors module has been a Candidate Recommendation for a long
time, while waiting for sufficient implementations. About 18 months
ago, we fixed a few errors, which caused the specification to go back
to Working Draft status. We expected that status to last only a month
or two, but we never managed to find somebody with enough time to
create a new report template, until now :-(

We believe all, or nearly all, selectors have been implemented in the
mean time, even if not all browsers do equally well. We have a report
for Firefox 1.5 that shows it is nearly complete. (All reports will be
made public when Selectors becomes a W3C Proposed Recommendation.) And
there are rumours that Prince 6.0 is a complete implementation as well.
But we need more reports, enough to prove that all selectors have been
implemented in at least two different products.

Are there people here who could create a report for Konqueror?

As you can see from the template, the report is an HTML file with a big
table. At the top is some information about which product and version
has been tested and on which operating system. The rest is four columns
of links to tests. If a test is passed, the class attribute of the link
should be set to "pass" (which turns the link green). Other possible
class names are "na" (not applicable) and "crash" (if the browser
crashes on this test).

[1]
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS3/Selectors/20060307/implementreportTEMPLATE.html

Bert