Dolphin with tabs

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:27:57 BST 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007, David Faure wrote:
> Bread crumb: is this really a feature power-users want? Most people I talk
> to, don't want it :-) But I'm open to requests.

Please consider this a request then. :D

I'm just wondering, since it's possible to set the breadcrumb bar to editable
style by default, what problems would there be in replacing the old location
bar with the bread crumb? Maybe we could do it this way: Dolphin defaults to
the bread crumb style while Konqueror uses the bread crumb widget, but
defaults to editable style.

Another thing about Konqueror and Dolphin, I (and probably others as well) was
under the impression that some, if not most, of the improvements on Dolphin
would trickle down to Konqueror as well. I'm betting there have been work on
Konqueror behind the scenes, but maybe they're too behind the scenes... I'm
very curious as to what Konqueror will be like in KDE 4. I hope my dreaded
feeling of Konqueror 4 being practically the same as Konqueror 3 is totally
wrong.

Anyway, thanks for all your work. Very much appreciated. And while I wish
Dolphin the best, I do hope Konqueror will not (slowly) die away, as a file
manager, web browser, and more. :)