Dolphin with tabs

K N kneuse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:44:53 BST 2007

    I am purposing that there be setting within dolphin that controls
whether or not tabs are allowed and that tabs be implemented into dolphin. I
am attaching a patch that implements tabs into dolphin but it doesn't yet
allow for tabs to enabled/disabled yet or the closing of tabs.

    I have talked with several individuals some which say tabs should be
allowed. Others are saying that tabs shouldn't be allowed. I think the best
compromise and solution to making everyone happy is to make a setting for
tabs and by default the tab feature is disabled keeping dolphin simple. Then
if the user wants a more advanced feature like tabs, the user simple enables
it.

   I am willing to write the rest of the code to fully integrate tabs into
dolphin in the way I purposed. Just one thing to think about when
considering tabs is the firefox browser. Part of its popularity was due to
the inclusion of tabs which caused Microsoft to release a new version of
internet explorer.

Kollagame developer or CPrgmSwR2 on irc,
Keith