Bug #66958

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Mon Jan 8 20:53:27 GMT 2007

Germain Garand wrote:
> currently, args.reload is what is used for that purpose.
> see e.g. the jumping to #anchor behaviour differences.
>
> The 'open already opened url' case (hitting enter in URL bar) is just a
> normal openURL, with false args.reload, where the new url just happen
> to be == to the old url so there is no distinction problem.

There is small problem though ... see below.

> > PS. Btw, I found it quite confusing having "reload" member in URLArgs
> > structure, but finding that it's about cache policy. Maybe it's good
> > idea to rename it?
>
> I'm not sure what gave you this idea?

The fact that using if (args.reload) didn't work for me and because of
only cursory look at relevant code. I was wrong of course.

But just checking args.reload didn't work be because I tested it on pages
which refresh itself periodically (network monitoring systems like
Nagios) and I was hit by this code in the konqueror/konq_view.cc:

// Typing "Enter" again after the URL of an aborted view, triggers a
// reload.
if ( m_bAborted && m_pPart && m_pPart->url() == url && !args.doPost())
{
  if ( !prepareReload( args ) )
    return;

(AFAIK it shouldn't matter how periodic refresh is done, but for info -
Nagios does this via delayed redirect.)

Ie. if I move cursor into URL bar and hit enter in such pages, it's
considered to be aborted view, args.reload is set in prepareReload(args)
and it isn't normal openURL any more. If escape key is hit before, there
is no problem of course - it's not aborted view any more.

Any ideas how to solve this?

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper