Making konqueror remember sort order per directory

Eugene Nine enine at ninefamily.com
Sun Jan 7 00:06:59 GMT 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 18:45, Staffan Hamala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the few things in Gnome that I miss in KDE is the ability for
> konqueror to remember the sort order per directory.
>
> This shouldn't be very hard to fix, should it?
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction, and I'll see if I might be
> able to make a patch that fixes this.
>
> I've been thinking that it would be possible to add a field in the
> .directory file that is created when "Save view changes per folder" is
> selected. Currently, it only seems to save the view type (i.e. icon view,
> detailed list view, etc).
> An example .directory file can look like this:
> [URL properties]
> ViewMode=konq_detailedlistview
>
> What about adding a SortMode=[Name, Size, Modified, Accessed]?
>
> Has anyone else been thinking about this?
>
> --S

I've wanted to do this myself.
I found the column info is stored in .kde/share/config/konquerorrc so I think
the best and easiest solution would be to call the subroutine that handels
the column sizes when the konquerorrc is read whenever the .directory is
read.
In the rc its listed like this:
[ListView_file]
ColumnWidths=68,75,100,79
Columns=Modified,Size,File Type,Link,Owner,Permissions,Group
FileNameColumnWidth=287

so my thought was to put the same format in the .directory so you could save
the widths for each view in each directory in exactly the same way as you can
globally in the rc.
so it should be a real simple thing to just call the same routine after
the .directory is read since the setting format will be the same.