Making konqueror remember sort order per directory

Staffan Hamala sh at ltu.se
Sat Jan 6 23:45:03 GMT 2007

Hi,

One of the few things in Gnome that I miss in KDE is the ability for konqueror
to remember the sort order per directory.

This shouldn't be very hard to fix, should it?

Can someone point me in the right direction, and I'll see if I might be able
to make a patch that fixes this.

I've been thinking that it would be possible to add a field in the .directory
file that is created when "Save view changes per folder" is selected.
Currently, it only seems to save the view type (i.e. icon view, detailed list
view, etc).
An example .directory file can look like this:
[URL properties]
ViewMode=konq_detailedlistview

What about adding a SortMode=[Name, Size, Modified, Accessed]?

Has anyone else been thinking about this?

--S