[patch] fix crashing konqueror

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sat Jan 6 15:52:31 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I encountered a konqi crash when closing it (when in file icon view mode).
Looking at the backtrace, I think this can happen when the dirlister fires a
signal to refresh the icons _after_ the iconView widget has already been
destroyed (in my stack I see this == 0x0
#11 0xb6857806 in KonqIconViewWidget::canPreview (this=0x0, item=0x9d02ef0)
    at konq_iconviewwidget.cc:1896 )

Attached you find my proposed patch.
As I can not reproduce this problem, please tell me if you think it's OK.

P.S.: checking BKO, I found the following bugs which have very similar stacks:
133115, 135379, 119747(dup), 118961, 127942

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com