Bug #66958

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Fri Jan 5 20:23:31 GMT 2007

Attached is my proof of concept attempt to fix #66958. I used it for
several days without any signs about regressions.

As I'm not too familiar with khtml, I'm not sure whether khtml_part.cpp
part of the patch is correct. Maybe I'm missing something?

The rest of the patch is about UI. It's of course just hack at the moment
to test the idea. But there has to be the way to reload frames in the
frameset so that frames will preserve their URL's (the behaviour I
introduced) and there has to be the way to reload frameset (the current
behaviour). Reloading frames should be default IMHO, that's how all major
browsers behave. The only question is how to differentiate between
reloads.

As far as I can see, both Firefox and IE use "reload" action to reload
frames and "reload (override cache)" action (shift+reload button) to
reload frameset. AFAICS cache handling is done differently in Konqueror
and is there way at all to make click on toolbar button to behave
differently with shift?

Opera reload action reloads frames and to reload frameset you have to move
into urlbar and hit enter key or smth. This should be doable in Konqueror
and is logical IMHO, but is it acceptable for core khtml developers?

with my best wishes,

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team