movie thumbs

Jenkins, Mike Mike.Jenkins at haldex.com
Tue Jan 2 20:42:28 GMT 2007

Hello,

My name is Mike Jenkins.  I am not subscribed to the list but I thought
I might write and share something which I think would be a nice addition
to Konqueror.

I use the "create image gallery" function of Konqueror quite religously
and am very satisfied with it.
However, I have always wished there was a way to create a web index page
for movies with it also.

I have come up with a good system which I use and would like to share it
with you for feedback.

I use a Canon digital elph camera which also takes movies.  When I go
somewhere, I download all the pictures off of it into a folder and all
of the videos off of it into a seperate folder within the pictures
folder.

I made a script which I then run inside the movies folder and it creates
animated gif files of all the movies.

When you run konqueror recursively on the top folder.  It creates a nice
link to the movies and is very pleasant to navigate.  Since the movie is
now a supported image file, Konqueror can then create a nice link to
each movie.

Also if you wish to link to the original movie, you can just edit by
hand the html to say ".avi" instead of ".gif".

Anyway, I have included the script if there is someway to integrate that
feature into the "create image gallery" if you wish or it is also just
fun to use.

for img in *.avi
do
  convert -sample 25%x25% $img thumb-$img.gif
done