RFC [patch] 3.5.X ochange event in file widget - bug 107455

Konrad Rzepecki hannibal at megapolis.pl
Thu Jan 4 21:35:34 GMT 2007

   Hi, all

I was convinced by Martin Koller, to write here about my patch witch fix bug
107455 (File picker widget doesn't handle focus out event).

This patch have couple months, and is against KDE 3.5.3 but it is apply to
3.5.5 only with "line offset" warning.

It consists two diffrent part of bug fixed.

- first - internal KURLRequester lineedit focus lost doesn't send focus lost
signal ( more precisly it send it, but because of setFocusProxy,
KURLRequester doesn't forward it further )

Fix this part of bugfix is ugly. I create inside KURLRequeter new slot witch
is connected witch internal lineedit losfocus signal. This slot post new lost
focus event. This is probably to accept by kio related people.

- second - selection URL by KURLRequester file picker (by file dialog) doesn't
send on chage event.

This part is simpler an cleaner. I create new slot connected with
KURLRequester urlSelected signal, in witch I call directly onChange.

I try look how i looks in KDE 4 but this seems to be completly broken.

PS. Sorry about things I have wiritten in bugzilla in this bug comments.

--
  Konrad Rzepecki (Hannibal)