Contact for XEmbed work

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Sat Dec 29 04:40:40 GMT 2007

> Hi,
>
> I'm glad that a KDE dev is finally taking an active interest in XEmbed
> for KDE/Konqueror:
>
>   http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3162
>
> Lubos? Are you out there? If you contact me, maybe we can figure out how
> the KDE/XEmbed <-> Flash interaction is going bad. And you'll be a hero
> to KDE users everywhere.

Thank you for contacting us.

I am CCing him on this message, he is more of an X guy though (and hence
more able of dealing with event loops and such), I would be the other
contact, for the KDE4 version.

In my version, I am seeing 2 problems:
1. When NPN_UserAgent returns our real UA string, on the cleanup call,
flash calls XtRemoveTimeout with a bogus value; if I workaround that it
crashes with some memory corruption.

2. Stuff just randomly stalls. I really have no clue on how to debug that,
unfortunately. (Will try DiamondX, just need some help to register its
weird mimetype).

Thats all I can say right now. Typing on a keyboard w/o working backspace,
g, or h keys isn't much fun.