Konqueror supporting ACL manipulation in combination with SAMBA and kerberos authentication?

Birger Kollstrand Birger.Kollstrand at ausystems.no
Mon Aug 27 13:22:01 BST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to find out if I can use Konqueror as file manger when working with filesystems that are exported with Samba. We are currently using SLES 10.1 and have activated ACL as to support both our Linux clients and our Windows clients with a consistent detailed access control system. All file access is via smb:// to the server.

It is working very well on command line level with setfacl/getfacl. Konqueror seems to work well with creating and deleing files, but it is not possible to change any atrbutes. Also the owner and group shown i not correct. It shows my user and my group whatever file it is.

Is there something I can do to get full ACL support in Konqueror with smb:// file systems?

Please reply directly to me as I am not subscribed to this list.

Kind regards

  Birger Kollstrand Bsc.
   IS/IT Manager and Senior Engineer
   DevoTeam Telecom AS