KDE 3.5.7 and Beagle: file being deleted immediately after opening in kpdf

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Mon Aug 27 21:29:06 BST 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:03:28 +0200, David Faure wrote:

>> > I would think:
>> > http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kioexec/main.cpp?v=3.5-
branch#182
>> > but that should not be used for kpdf at all --- kpdf.desktop has an
>> > exec line with %U, so it should just get the URL itself.
> Right. Unless some distributions hacked up kpdf.desktop....

/usr/share/applications/kde/kpdf.desktop file contains:
Exec=kpdf %U %i %m -caption "%c"

I'm not sure this is relevant, but I too have a file
/home/frederik/.kde/share/applnk/.hidden/kpdf.desktop which only has
Excec=kpdf

Maybe I should also add that the problem only seems to appear when KPDF is
being run as a kpart integrated viewer in Konqueror. When the file is
opened in an externally launched kpdf, it seems to work fine (IIRC, when
opened in the integrated viewer the file is saved in ~/tmp, while it is
downloaded in /var/tmp/kdecache-frederik if opened in an externally
launched kpdf)

>> ... That also seems to wait 3 minutes before deleting, so I don't know
>> what the heck is going on...
> That's relatively new though, 2007-04-12, bug 130709. The affected
> distros might still have the code that doesn't wait for 3 minutes.
>

> There's another possibility: the support for the "--tempfile" option
> inside konqueror, which might be going wrong. Frederik, check if you get
> "######### Deleting tempfile after use:" in konqueror's debug output
> [this needs kdelibs+kdebase compiled in debug mode]. This output comes
> from konq_view.cc:965.

Thanks, I'll try to recompile kdelibs and kdebase soon, and I'll let you
know.

Also note that the problem only happens when extended attributes are
enabled on the file system. Otherwise, Beagle will fall back to an sqlite
database, and the problem will not happen.
--
Frederik Himpe