KDE 3.5.7 and Beagle: file being deleted immediately after opening in kpdf

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Aug 27 21:03:28 BST 2007

On Monday 27 August 2007, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> >> Could somebody familiar with this code take a look at this? Or tell me
> >> where is this piece of code in Konqueror which handles file deletion
> >> after
> >> a file has been downloaded and opened?
> >
> > I would think:
> > http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kioexec/main.cpp?v=3.5-branch#182
> > but that should not be used for kpdf at all --- kpdf.desktop
> > has an exec line with %U, so it should just get the URL itself.
Right. Unless some distributions hacked up kpdf.desktop....

> ... That also seems to wait 3 minutes before deleting, so I don't know
> what the heck is going on...
That's relatively new though, 2007-04-12, bug 130709. The affected distros
might still have the code that doesn't wait for 3 minutes.

There's another possibility: the support for the "--tempfile" option inside konqueror,
which might be going wrong. Frederik, check if you get "######### Deleting tempfile after use:"
in konqueror's debug output [this needs kdelibs+kdebase compiled in debug mode].
This output comes from konq_view.cc:965.