kio-http and headers > 4K.

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 23 23:12:15 BST 2007

Hi... We currently have a pretty bad problem in kio-http in that it doesn't
handle headers > 4K properly --- it just ends them in the middle, and sticks
pieces into m_responseHeader array. Then, when one gets them
via the metadata, there is an extra newline in the middle of the header. And,
of course, since the point after the newline likely isn't a space or tab, it
can not be viewed as a multi-line header[1]. This case is important because
some of frameworks for so-called AJAX like to stick the information into one
giant field. Anyway, I am really not sure of how to fix it --- ::readHeader
is super-complicated, and hence I would appreciate pointers.

[1] Though khtml needs fixes for those. Whee.

Thanks,
Maks