konqy and the model-view-concept in the dirviews

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 12 21:52:53 BST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 14:30, Michael Brade wrote:
> Yeah, "unlikely"... we'll remember that one day ;-))
:)

> Well then, when do you want to do the sorting? Sorting takes N log N, and it
> would have to be redone everytime nextUrl() is called just in case something
> else changed it.
Why? We can remember what the last (current) sorting flags are, and not sort
again if they haven't changed. So doing it every time is really the worst case,
but not the common case.

> So to me a linear walk-through sounds better, no? Unless you
> can guarantee that throughout the usage of that view the order won't be
> changed.
It's actually pretty hard to change the sorting of an iconview when you don't see
the iconview anymore and you see an embedded image viewer instead :)

> Sure, the order doesn't matter at all right now, and nothing is preventing us
> from changing it. Just not sure if we need to...
Yeah I'm starting to wonder if it's really the best solution. We could just as well
store a stringlist in the right place.