kfmclient stops working

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Sep 6 22:11:38 BST 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 14:28, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 28 August 2006 10:17, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > At some
> > point I can't scroll through images anymore
>
> The bug is there, then (konqueror hangs), not in kfmclient (which hangs
> because it's trying to talk to a konqueror that hangs, most probably).
>
> When konqueror hangs, try attaching gdb to it  (gdb konqueror <pid>),
> but that would work better if you compiled kdebase yourself, to get some
> debug symbols for the backtrace.

I will try that next time. What I found when this happened last is that if
I killed a Konqueror session I had in another desktop (always open on
Slashdot, for over a week) that everything started responding again
instantly. So, perhaps some resource is being eaten up and not released. I
open and close a lot of tabs in that session over the course of a week or
so.