Konqueror bugs day (repost?)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 21:33:21 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 23:26, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
> (Apologies if this already made it to the list - I can't see it in the
> archives)
> It was recently pointed out on kde-devel that there are a lot of UNCONFIRMED
> konqueror bugs in bugzilla, which may well be obsolete/duplicate/... and
> therefore easy to triage. So I suggested a "bugs day" to get some triagers
> together and do some cleaning. There's enough interest to make it worthwhile
> doing, and, if you think it's a good idea, I'll advertise more widely, and
> hopefully get a good number of people to help.
>
> So, would you (the developers) find this useful?

Yes. Although I fear the outcome of it - a huge number of real bugs to fix even
after all the duplicates/irrelevant/outdated ones have been removed :)

> If so, I have some questions (and if not, you can stop reading here :-):
>
> What version of KDE would you say is the minimum required? Obviously newer is
> better, but I suppose useful work can be done with any 3.5 version. Is that
> right?

OK with me.

> Do you have any particular procedures for dealing with bugs?
Not written anywhere.

> 1. "Feedback timeout"
>
> If there's not a response to a question from triagers or developers within a
> month, and no-one can reproduce the problem, the bug is closed, with a
> message like "If you have the answer(s) to the question(s) in comment #n,
> please reopen the bug report."

Yes - only if nobody can reproduce the problem, of course.

> 2. Bugs reported for old versions of KDE
>
> If reported for KDE <3.4, and not confirmed by anyone else, the bug is closed
> with a message like "if you can reproduce the problem with 3.5, please
> reopen."

Well someone should try to reproduce it, too. I'm not sure if your "not confirmed"
meant that - it could just mean that nobody tried. But if "bug triagers" try to reproduce
it and fail, it's ok to close with such a message.

If this happens before akademy I'll participate (I guess this would happen on an irc
channel during European daytime?) to give some input and try and fix some of the
confirmed bugs ... some, not all :)