Konqueror 4

Lex Hider floss at lex.hider.name
Tue Oct 31 23:41:37 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 01:28, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 1:24, Martin Konold wrote:
> > But I am still not convinced how to explain the subtle differences of a
> > browser and a manager to users in an intuitive way?
>
> not sure we need to. we attach one to the file management icons and one to
> the web (and other?) browsing icons. no explanations needed; it's more
> important that the developers understand the difference than the users as
> they generally just use what's there without much questioning or even deep
> understanding. =)

One point I have thought of is the effect of the split on existing users.
Do existing users associate the name konqueror with the web browser component
more strongly than the file manager, or vice versa?

Should the web browser get a new name and the file manager be called
konqueror?
Should the file manager get a new name and web browser be called konqueror?
Would it be less confusing to have two new names, neither of them konqueror?
Would that mean we lose a lot of brand recognition?

I know this isn't exactly a pressing point at this stage, but something to
think about.

Lex.